Article 1 (Definition of Personal Information)
Article 2 (Purpose of Use)
The company will use visitors’ personal information for the following purposes.
1) Information collected on this website is for the smooth, uninterrupted operation of this website.
2) To generate statistical data related to browsing this website.
3) To conduct surveys related to this website.
4) To respond to inquiries from visitors.
5) To report as promotional material information related to this website or advertising information for another business entity that is a prospective advertiser.
6) To communicate as needed any other important news related to this website.
Article 3 (Changes to Purpose of Use of Personal Information)
The company may change the purpose of use of visitors’ personal information only to an extent considered reasonable befitting the nature of the relationship. Should any changes be made, visitors will be notified or a public announcement will be made.
Article 4 (Limits of Use of Personal Information)
The company may not handle personal information in any way outside the range of what is necessary to fulfill the Purpose of Use without the consent of the visitor unless permitted to do so by the Act on Protection of Personal Information or other relevant laws and ordinances. However, visitors’ personal information may be provided to a third party outside of the company under the following circumstances only.
1) If compelled to by law
2) If it is necessary to protect a person’s life, body, or property, and it is difficult to obtain consent from the visitor in question
3) If it is specifically necessary to improve public health or promote the healthy raising of children, and it is difficult to obtain consent from the visitor in question
4) If it is required to cooperate with a national institution, local government body, or a representative of any such entity for the purpose of conducting business related to establishing laws or ordinances, and if obtaining consent from the visitor may risk obstructing the execution of that business
Article 5 (Personal Information Security Management)
The company will take all appropriate measures in its handling of visitors’ personal information to prevent loss, destruction, falsification, or leaking, and to ensure secure management of that information. Additionally, if the company outsources all or part of the handling of personal information, the company will take all necessary and appropriate measures to ensure the secure management of visitors’ personal information by the contractor.
Article 6 (Disclosure of Personal Information)
Requests to the company for disclosure of personal information shall be handled as follows.
If the company receives a request for personal information from the visitor him/herself, that information will be disclosed. However, all or part of the information may not be disclosed if there is any concern that the disclosure may result in any of the following circumstances. Additionally, if a decision is made not to disclose the information, the reasoning for the decision will be reported to the visitor.
1) If it may cause harm to the life, body, property, or other rights of the visitor or a third party
2) If it risks significant obstruction to the reasonable execution of the company’s business
3) If it may violate any other law or ordinance
Article 7 (Range of Application)
This post is also available in: Japanese